Terms and Conditions
Read the following before entering your song:
1. International entries from all countries are welcome. There are no limitations on age or nationality.
2. It is the entrants’ responsibility to check and ensure that submitted song entries are playing correctly on the original websites (eg on YouTube, Soundcloud etc) and appearing correctly in Music Aid 2017. Links to song entries must link to the correct song and the song must be publically available (with no passwords etc required) on the page specified and should remain there until results are announced and prizes awarded.
3. Contestants may enter as many songs as they wish. There is no limit on the number of songs that may be entered. The same song entry may be entered in all categories that are applicable. Category choices must be correct and accurate.
4. Entry fee may vary and will increase during the event. Entry fee is non-refundable.
5. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide correct contact details and to ensure that they are able to receive emails from the event. Notifications, prizes and emails will be sent to the contact email address supplied and listed in your account details. This email address can be changed and updated by the entrant in their online account at any time if necessary and they should always keep this correct and up to date. If the contestant does not see or receive prizes or notifications or emails because they provided an incorrect email address, or because they failed to check their email account or their spam folder, or because their email account is over limit, or because they have a spam blocking system in place that requires verification from the sender, or because they failed to check their emails, or for any other reason, Music Aid will bear no responsibility or liability.
6. Entry in Music Aid 2017 constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, recordings, videos and voices for promotional and publicity purposes on Music Aid’s own websites and on other third party websites and in publicity and promotional materials and press releases. This permission can be withdrawn by the entrant at any time upon written request.
7. In the case of original songs the songwriters retain full song ownership rights and all copyrights to all songs submitted. Entering the contest does not in any way affect the songwriters’ ownership of their songs.
8. Prizes will be in the form of cash payment. The Prize Fund will be as specified on the Prize Fund page of the official event website and this amount will be updated during the event to show the current amount in the fund. The Prize Fund will increase with the number of entries in the event as detailed and described on that page. The Prize Fund will be divided among the winning participants after the close of the event. The maximum cash amount to be shared among the winners will be $100,000 and the fund will not increase beyond that amount, regardless of the number of song entries and any funds over $100,000 will be directed to Music Aid projects and causes. Entrants accept and understand that Music Aid cannot predict the final amount in the Prize Fund or the exact amount that will be paid to each winning entrant as this will depend on the number of entries received.
9. Winners will be selected based on popularity, Likes, shares, chart positions, plays, views and other criteria which shall include Music Aid staff, editors and producers choices and recommendations. Music Aid’s decisions regarding the choice of winners are final and binding and entrants agree by entering the event to accept and abide by these decisions.
10. Entrants are permitted to use Music Aid branding and the Music Aid logo in promotions of their entries and are encouraged to share and promote their song entries in social media and elsewhere to encourage more views, plays, Likes, comments etc. Entrants may also Like and comment on their own entries.
11. Any attempt to unfairly manipulate results in any way, for example by intentionally and misleadingly entering songs in incorrect categories, or by attempting to artificially manipulate views, plays or Likes by illegitimate means, or for any other reason, will result in removal of all songs submitted by that entrant with no refund of entry fees.
12. By participating in this event entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by any subsequent published revisions of these rules and by the decisions of Music Aid which are final in all matters relating to the event.